Princess Bookie's Reviews > Darkness Before Dawn

Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London

Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012debutachallenge, read2012
Read on January 27, 2012

My Thoughts: Oh gosh, when I saw this, I thought, "Another vampire novel?" Sometimes I get burned out on vampires but thought I'd read this anyway.

From the first page I knew I was going to enjoy this story. It just had this unique feel to it that got to me.

We are introduced to Dawn who just lost her parents and has been appointed delegate between the humans and the vampires in the city. What this means is, she must look out for the human rights but also must meet with the head of the vampires, Lord Valentine. Lord Valentine is mean, old, and scary as hell.

Dawn also meets Valentines son Victor. In reality, he's 400 years old but look as though he's roughly the same age as her. Even though, its wrong in so many ways, she feels an attraction to him.

But Dawn has a boyfriend named Michael who she's known all of her life. She cares about him; loves him so Dawn is torn between those feelings between both boys.

Dawn also has a best friend named Tegen and Tegen has a new boyfriend named Sin. The four of them always do stuff together. Double dates, hanging out, all that good stuff.

Dawn is trying to deal with her duties as debette, while trying to keep the city safe.

Victor wants to change the city, change the way things are, make it a better place and he needs Dawn's help to make it happen.

The final battle starts, and all hell breaks lose. Dawn runs into some people she thought she'd never see again. She has to figure out her feelings and how to keep the city alive.

I'm excited to see what happens next. I get the feeling there will be another book, or at least I hope so.

Overall: Darkness Before Dawn was an enjoyable read. I actually liked the vampire story. Lately, I feel like there are just too many vampire stories out there but this one, I actually really loved.

Cover: Love it! Love the black and white feel to it and the dress and the way she's standing. It's a neat cover!

What I'd Give It: 5/5 Cupcakes
________
Review Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Before Dawn.