Yasmin's Reviews > My Soul to Take

My Soul to Take by Tananarive Due

Oct 26, 11

Read from October 20 to 26, 2011

Finally...I'm done reading My Soul to Take. This time it took me almost a week to read this book. The first two books in the series (My Soul to Keep, The Living Blood) I pulled all nighters to read because they were just that compelling. The third book...Blood Colony not so much and My Soul to Take...well I'm just happy I finished it. The more I read the more I realize I'm just not a series book reader...especially those that span almost 15 years (My Soul to Keep came out in 1997); just too much time lapsed between each book and with so many characters to keep up with I soon quickly lost interest in most of them since I couldn't remember what made them unique or distinctively previously.
For some reason, My Soul to Take reminded me too much of the Vampire Huntress series from LA Banks (may she RIP) and it was a big distraction for me. In fact, one of the character's names was Carlos...sound familiar to anyone? The good vs. evil, light vs. dark, husband and wife coming together as one on one accord, soldiers/teams sparring against each other, music as a tool for peace, harmony and healing...even the one character who seemed to be the Prince of Death/the anti-Chrisit seemed hauntingly similar.
I still believe that Due has a lot of writing ahead of her with some good storylines as she is an awesome storyteller...but hopefully plots that are fresh and leave these characters behind as I'm done with them and this series. :(
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Take.

message 1: by Angelia (new)

Angelia Menchan I'm still not done.

Yasmin Oh wow...are you enjoying it?

message 3: by Angelia (new)

Angelia Menchan Umm started when it came out. Very excited at first but got lost. Wanted to love it.

Yasmin Angelia...I understand exactly what you mean...:(

message 5: by Tracy (last edited Feb 17, 2012 02:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tracy Darity I'm with you ladies. It took me 4 months to read this final installment of the series. Thought it was just me having too much going on, but I see it's not. Will have my review posted soon.

Yasmin Tracy I'm feeling you and good luck with your review.