Becky Soledad's Reviews > Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life

Oct 20, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: books-in-library, 111-in-2011, middle-school-5-8
Read in October, 2011

I imagine this book is what would result if Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Mean Girls had a baby. Nikki has just started out at a brand new private school. She only got in because her dad did some exterminating for the school. She is desperate to become part of the popular crowd, which is hard since she doesn't shop at the hottest mall shops and her dad drives a van with a giant roach on top. Much like Greg from Wimpy Kid fame she tries several different ways to make sure that she joins the popular crowd and much like Greg her attempts almost never turn out quite the way she planned.

I can see this being very popular with the upper elementary/middle school crowd. There were a few things that bothered me keeping this from 4 stars. First was the overuse of the phrase "but I said this in my head so no one heard me" Nikki says a lot in her head and while I appreciate her keeping her wild outbursts to herself I feel like there could have been another way to say this every single chapter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life.

02/27/2016 marked as: read

Marlene same thing i hate

message 2: by Sierra (new)

Sierra me too

Tiffany Smith I actually thought that part was cute.

Becky Soledad Tiffany wrote: "I actually thought that part was cute."

I could see it being cute also. Just at the time it rubbed me the wrong way. The students LOVE them! So I'm willing to overlook any minor annoyances like that.

Vedeline Please I hate diary of the wimpy kid it's so stupid a lot