Abby's Reviews > Wicked Becomes You

Wicked Becomes You by Meredith Duran

Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read from March 19 to 22, 2012

I wish I could put my finger on what bothered me so much about this book. The set up is awesome, Gwen is a righteous babe (though a little too perfect?) and Alex is sexy and just wounded enough (maybe a little too self-assured?). Their dialog is wonderfully written, snappy and sexy. However, about half way through the book I got ... bored. Especially with all the confusion and back and forth between Gwen and Alex and how they felt about each other. They each blew so hot and cold that it was making my head spin.

The plot also became a little too cluttered towards the end: giant leaps ahead in time without any preface besides a paragraph change, new characters, old characters, and pointless travelling and information dumping about the places they're going. It read like an awkward and overly long travel montage.

I also think I'm a bit spoiled because the friends to lovers trope was done SO VERY WELL in Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn. Sigh. Wicked did not become me very well this time around.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Becomes You.