Klgrissom's Reviews > Abigail Dare

Abigail Dare by Jon Etheredge

Oct 29, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read in October, 2011

The Beginning of this book was a little confusing. It seemed like it jumped a lot. I didn't even realize that someone bought the house until they had talked with those characters for 2 or more chapters.

Around chapter 8 when Abbie and Bill's story started it made a lot more sense. I really liked that story in the book. I thought it was well told and well written. The Book is really about the lives of these two people, and not a ghost story. It follows them from childhood until they are old and eventually die. In the short amount of time you really do want to know how these people survive and grow to love each other through many trials and good times. I had some questions that were never answered in their lives but I appreciate that it was short and not a super long extended tale of their lives. It was a great balance. Adding the ghost aspect to it made it a little different and interesting.

Overall a fun read, with a little spooky factor. Still not sure who the story teller is, kind of confused by that, have some ideas, but not sure, I guess it adds to the mystery.

Fast read, pretty well done.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abigail Dare.