Racquel's Reviews > Liar's Guide to True Love

Oct 19, 13

bookshelves: read-in-2012, review-copy, 1-read-adult-com
Read on January 22, 2012

Review also posted on my blog: The Book Barbies

A cute cover, a cute summary and a cuter story. Wendy Chen delivered awesomeness! For myself, I'm not a fan of weddings. I don't think I will ever have wedding even if I get married because I don't like being the center of attention and like a certain character in this book believes, I do not support the ridiculous amount of money that goes into a day that most people won't even appreciate. I will never force anyone against weddings though and with that being said, I loved the portrayal of the wedding business in this book! Wendy Chen made me actually like weddings! All the cake, fabric and flowers talk was terrific.

I was recently in New York City for the first time ever and let me tell you, it won't be my last! I absolutely loved it and it's truly a city that's a world on it's own. So I appreciated the NYC setting here and from my short stay at The City, I would day Chen did a fantastic job portraying it! Along with these factors, a realistic, fun cast and a entertaining story this book was the perfect fun-weekend read! More then once the characters had me laughing out loud and I would have to say, this is one of the more realistic adult contemporaries I have read. Even though I didn't support some of Cass's actions at some parts, I actually liked them! They were realistic, and I'm all for realistic! Also it wasn't just Cass's but all the characters in this book were true their generation.

This is was definitely a pleasant surprise of a book, it left a big grin on my face at the end and I can see myself rereading in the future. I will definitely be picking up Wendy Chen's next book because Lair's Guide To True Love had it all! An enjoyable main character and lovely group of friends, an annoying family that we can't help but love and a story of realistic romance, friendship, embracing one's identity and a hero that's so real and loveable, I wanted to grab him straight out the page! (or screen since I did read this as an e-book)

Rating: 4 hearts~ if you're looking for a book to keep you engrossed and entertained, this one is for you!

-thank you&come again.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liar's Guide to True Love.

01/22/2012
59.0% "oh wow, the book title doesn't lie! Cass is a liar! If she doesn't stop lying to this poor innocent man, I'm going to,kill her!"
09/19/2013 marked as: adult-contemporary-tbr
10/19/2013 marked as: read

message 1: by Stormy (new) - added it

Stormy I feel the same about weddings. LOL & I hate to be the center of attention. :/ Great review. I will be checking this one out. It looks fun.

Racquel I don't mind going to weddings but having one for my hubby & I? no-no!! and I know if i do have one, my mother will go insane with the planning so instead of putting thousands into one day that I won't enjoy myself I would rather my parents put that money toward something more beneficial. Like our future house or honeymoon or something...

this is a FUN book! if you like adult contemporary, you will enjoy it (or so I hope)

message 3: by Stormy (new) - added it

Stormy Yeah, I feel the same about that. Sometimes I watch Say Yes To The Dress and those women on there drive me insane. They spend thousands of dollars on a dress that they will only were once in the lives for only a few hours. That is crazy. If I ever have a wedding it will be only family and close friends in someones pretty back yard where I'll be dressed my finest in a white sundress or something. LOL

I love adult contemporary. I'm sure I will like it. It sounds really good.