Abish's Reviews > Virals

Virals by Kathy Reichs

Oct 19, 11

bookshelves: teen
Read in October, 2011

If it seems like I've been reading a lot, don't be deceived. I listen to books on my ipod while I clean the house and while I'm driving. I also start with the shortest ones first. This one is a teen book and the sequel just came out this week. I'm famous for reading teen books and then not continuing the series. Unless I absolutely loved them, I have the "been there done that" attitude and don't finish the series, even if I liked the first one and wouldn't mind continuing. There's just too many books on my reading list. Kathy Reichs is an adult mystery writer and this is her first teen series (I think). I enjoyed this one. It's a murder mystery with a touch of paranormal.

Tory and her group of friends are the outcast brainiacs whose parents work for the local University. While in the woods they find a dog tag belonging to a Vietnam soldier. Their curiosity over the dog tag leads them to break into the University lab to clean the dog tag to see the name. While there, they rescue a puppy that is being used for medical testing. They catch a mutated form of parvo from the puppy which gives them canine powers. The dog tag leads them to a 40 year old cold case murder that someone is determined to keep buried.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Virals.