Joe's Reviews > The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World's Most Glorious - and Perplexing - City

The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz

Oct 25, 11

Read from October 19 to 25, 2011

If I turn up missing one day soon, it is because I have run away to Paris after reading this book. I cannot say one bad thing about this book. I loved it and it made me nostalgic for Paris after going there this summer. This is one of my favorite reads of 2011.

I think Lebovitz was spot on with his observations on Paris and the Parisians. I am surprised at the reviews fault him for "complaining" about the people of Paris. If anything, I think he was more disparaging of the obnoxious American tourists - and rightfully so!

I found myself sympathizing with Lebovitz so many times and shouting out, "Oh my God! That SO happened to me!!!" I loved his humorous take on his experiences in Paris. I also found myself insanely jealous of the amazing experiences he has had living there, taking full advantage of his time living abroad.

This is a must read for anyone who has traveled to Europe and can appreciate the quirky differences between the culture of Europe and the U.S.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweet Life in Paris.

10/19/2011 page 53