Christopher Bogart's Reviews > The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations Behind the 2012 Prophecies

The Source Field Investigations by David Wilcock

Oct 19, 2011

did not like it
Read in October, 2011

I decided to read this as a joke and figured I would try and see what all the 2012 hype is all about. I should have done my research. David Wilcock is a conspiracy theorist who believes that he is the reincarnation of early 20th century "psychic" Edgar Cayce. The first section of the book is all about telepathy and lucid dreaming and the interconnectedness of everything typical new age stuff, then the middle part was an attempt at providing a unified field theory for physics, that was the only slightly interesting part... totally nuts, but interesting. The last section is all about aliens and how they have been guiding humanity since prehistory... yeah I can barely type it with a straight face, but this guy really tries to sell it and wants you to believe that aliens are going to reveal themselves to everyone in 2012 and usher in a new age of more evolved humanity. If a good author had used this tripe as the basis of a space opera it might have been ok, but as supposed non-fiction it was painfully lacking in any sort of data and a huge friend of fuzzy math... this number is kinda close to this number so we'll pretend that it's the same thing and divide them both by some random number to get 42 which is the answer to life the universe and everything. And don't forget that the government has been suppressing hover cars, cold-fusion, time travel, and ufo's for decades. Illuminati!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Source Field Investigations.

message 1: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Poor people with limited mental ability and imagination. I wonder why you would even pick up this book. I guess you just enjoy smugly dismissing things that your limited intellects cannot grasp.

message 2: by Jessedholm (new) - added it

Jessedholm You nailed it Jay.