Coleman Monahan's Reviews > Point Blank

Point Blank by Anthony Horowitz

M 50x66
Oct 19, 11

Read in October, 2011

The book I will be reviewing will be Point Blank and is by Anthony Horowitz. Just like the first book in the Alex Rider series, it is a great adventure and keeps you holding your breathe. This book takes place in the French Alps at an extremely successful private school that straightens out bossy teenagers that have crossed the line too far in order to be put in the school. Alex Rider is sent there to investigate a theory made by MI-6 that the school has something to do with the murders of the parents of some of the students that go to the school. Alex figures out that the school is harnessing an evil, corrupt madman that has cloned himself 16 times. The doctor who did all of this is named Dr. Grief and has injected people with a part of his DNA. His plan is to take over the world by sending the student replacements back to their rich families so that they can step up to be leaders of the world. It is kind of confusing to understand, but if you read the book, it becomes perfectly clear. The book ends with a cliffhanger that I will not tell because it will ruin the book, but all I will say is that you just have to read the next book to find out what happens.

Now, onto the review. My favorite part of the book is when Alex is escaping from the private school by snowboarding down the Alps on a modified ironing board. It is definitely the most exilerating part of the book because it has the most action in it. Again, like before, my favorite character would have to be Alex because he is the main character of the book, and he is what every boy would dream of becoming, a spy. As always, I like the way the character uses so much good detail to provide a background, plot, and setting for the story. I would definitely recommend this book to all of my friends because it has a lot of action in it and is just like watching a movie. It makes you want to not stop reading until your done. Okay, well thank you for taking the time to read this review, and I hope that you like this book as much as I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Point Blank.