Sloane's Reviews > Pale Horse, Pale Rider

bookshelves: school-books, classics, reviewed
Recommended to Sloane by: English Teacher
Recommended for: 13+
Read in October, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I had to read only "Pale Horse, Pale Rider" for my English class these past few weeks, so this review will only be for that short story.
Overall, the novella was more muddled (in the sense that everything blends together), entwined, and post-modern than Inception. I might have to read it several more times to fully grasp all of the point-of-view shifts, dreamscapes, flashbacks, and other interior monolgues that functioned as the stream of conciousness style which gave this story such it's characteristic quality. Miranda's dreams, particularly those after she is *SPOILER ALERT* infected with influenza, act as a confused maze of symbols, real life, and a little bit of forshadowing. Through the story of Miranda's relationship with Adam and her vivid delusions while under the effects of the Influenza, the reader can easily place find themselves trapped in Porter's world of imagination and the world beyond the living.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pale Horse, Pale Rider.