willaful's Reviews > Tough Customer

Tough Customer by Sandra Brown

Oct 31, 11

bookshelves: audio, psycho-jealous-protective-possessiv, reunited-or-have-history, man-whore, angsty-goodness
Read from October 19 to 31, 2011, read count: 1

The perfect book if you like tough, taciturn, Western cops with manly one syllable action names: we get two for the price of one. Dodge -- older guy reunited with his lost love Caroline, and Ski -- hunky deputy who falls for Caroline’s daughter Berry, during a manhunt to find a maniac obsessed with her. (I assumed while listening that her name was Barrie -- "Berry" is pretty weird. If it was ever explained, I missed it.)

My favorite part of this was Dodge and Caroline’s story, revealed slowly via flashbacks throughout the course of the book. There are some real surprises and a lot of sadness in it. The suspense elements of the story seemed a bit clunky, but improved by the end. I might possibly have given this a lower rating if I’d read it but of course Viktor Slezak's sexy voice makes anything sound good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tough Customer.

10/20/2011
10.0% "for my records - section 39"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Keri I loved Dodge and thought that he was a fun character. Can you imagine Dodge as a grandpa?? What a fun read that would be.

Lynsey A I thought Dodge and Caroline's story was so sad. It was very hard to read those flashbacks because I knew something bad was coming.

willaful Yeah, I know. The slow build was kind of excruciating.

Lynsey A Good word. Definitely excruciating.

Keri It was sad, but it was Sandra Brown, so I knew an HEA was going to get thrown in there somehow. This one though was nowhere near Rainwater for sheer raw emotion, IMO. :-)

Lynsey A I still need to read Rainwater, Keri. I think it was your recommendation that prompted me to get it. I'll have to put that up soon on the tbr list.