Patricia's Reviews > Think and Grow Rich

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

F 50x66
Oct 19, 11

Read in February, 2003

When you think of the self-help gurus of today, they can all pretty much credit Napoleon Hill as the original inspirational, motivational speaker of the 20th century. Nappy, as I lovingly refer to him, was ahead of his time with his Think and Grow Rich book. Of course, I didn't read it back than but I had to keep reminding myself the era of the book is from the 1920's. So I had to forgive him when he referenced a "colored girl" since that was accepted terminology back than.

What I like about Nappy is his writing style is simple and repetitive. You get the message and he gives it to you again so by the end of the book, assuming you buy into his message, you have been enlightened.

His message is simple, it's all in your mind. Decide what you want and go after it. He changed my life when I was at my lowest point in my life and couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. His words reached into that last bit of hope I had inside and intensified it to the point where I was able to get up, dust off and start over again. In a bad economy, I would definitely recommend either his book (which by the way can be downloaded for free) or watch youtube videos of him speaking. He has some great practical tools that are still relevant today (like his mastermind group: have a group of people as smart or smarter than you that you meet with regularly to bounce ideas around.)
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Think and Grow Rich.

04/27 marked as: read