booklady's Reviews > Prince Caspian

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

Dec 14, 08

bookshelves: all-ages, classic, adventure, literature, fantasy, backburner

I have listened to a BBC abridged version of all the Chronicles of Narnia, but never actually sat and read them. Saw this tonight with my second oldest daughter. Think it's time I actually read the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prince Caspian.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laine (new)

Laine Aly and I have both read the series and I had to go out an buy my own copy since she is getting married and taking the other copy with her. it is a very good read and now that I have taken a few courses I can even see more parallels with good and evil struggle and the bible.
laine

message 2: by booklady (new) - added it

booklady Did you read them in the order they were written or the order they happened? The girls are after me to read them in the order they happened which means "The Magician's Nephew" first. I think that also puts "A Horse and His Boy" after "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" and before "Prince Caspian" if I remember correctly...?

BTW, don't remember if I ever thanked you for coming to the Confirmation!!! It meant SO much! I just wish you'd stayed for the reception! We need to do lunch again soon!

love and ((hugs)) cathy

message 3: by Laine (new)

Laine I read them in the order they happened. it was the way they were presented when i was younger and not the way they are in the bookstores now.
We loved coming to see Meg coming of age - she is so beautiful and poised for a girl of her age. Aly's wedding is September 20th in Oak Grove, MO and you are invited even though I know you probably will not be able to come (it is outside of Kansas City) We will be having a shower in August I think so I will talk to you about it later.

message 4: by booklady (new) - added it

booklady Oh Laine, how wonderful! I'm so happy for you, Marshall, Aly, and her fiancé!!! You must be so proud and excited! I'll write you back regular e-mail later--on the way out. Of course we'll come to the shower! The wedding, well, I know we'd like to, but we'll have to see given the distance.

But Congrats!!!! ~~love, cathy

Michelle this was a really good movie, but they diverged from the actual plot line. I think the book is far superior and very enjoyable to read.