Ana Gonzalez's Reviews > Looking for Alaska

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Jun 22, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from June 11 to 22, 2012 — I own a copy

Great, I'm quite ashamed it took me so long to actually read it. I Recommend it to all!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Looking for Alaska.

Quotes Ana Liked

John Green
“I found myself thinking about President William McKinley, the third American president to be assassinated. He lived for several days after he was shot, and towards the end, his wife started crying and screaming, "I want to go too! I want to go too!" And with his last measure of strength, McKinley turned to her and spoke his last words: "We are all going.”

John Green
“So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.”

John Green
“Have you really read all those books in your room?”

Alaska laughing- “Oh God no. I’ve maybe read a third of ‘em. But I’m going to read them all. I call it my Life’s Library. Every summer since I was little, I’ve gone to garage sales and bought all the books that looked interesting. So I always have something to read.”

John Green
“We are all going, I thought, and it applies to turtles and turtlenecks, Alaska the girl and Alaska the place, because nothing can last, not even the earth itself. The Buddha said that suffering was caused by desire, we'd learned, and that the cessation of desire meant the cessation of suffering. When you stopped wishing things wouldn't fall apart, you'd stop suffering when they did.”

John Green
“I may die young, but at least I'll die smart.”

John Green
“And then something invisible snapped insider her, and that which had come together commenced to fall apart.”

06/22
51.0% "The Colonel is the best character in this book. I love him."
02/01 marked as: books-i-own