Arlene's Reviews > First Drop of Crimson

First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost

Oct 24, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, read-2011, romance, urban-fantasy, vampires, weres-shifters, adult
Recommended to Arlene by: Buddy read - Crystal
Read from October 20 to 22, 2011

First Drop of Crimson is an entertaining spin-off to the Night Huntress series. We get to dive into Spade and Denise’s story as they come together in this installment to kickoff their adventure in the undead world. It was fun and engaging, but not quite as stimulating as Cat and Bones.

There were a few elements I struggled with in this book. I found Denise nowhere near as strong as Cat in character. Her insecurities and decisions proved to me that she doesn’t come close to what Cat has to offer. She continued to doubt Spade’s feelings for her to the point where it got slightly irritating and somewhat frustrating. I do have to say that her final decision at the end to change plans on Spade, Cat, Bones and Ian and go off on her own to face Raum while the others were still fighting the battle was a huge letdown when it came to her decisioning. But overall, if it wasn’t for Spade carrying this book with his signature lines, bold moves and intense emotions, it would have fallen completely flat.

Overall, I was entertained, and I enjoyed the extra Spade scenes this book had to offer, but Night Huntress will continue to be my preferred storyline.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Drop of Crimson.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Crystal Awesome review!! I agree with everything you said =) I was disappointed that she ran off in the end too. I Like how Cat does what she has to do and I wish that Denise would have had a stronger backbone and done the same.

Arlene Thanks Crystal! I can't wait to read NH5 with you. :)

Crystal I can't wait either!