Natalia Ceitidh's Reviews > Revived

bookshelves: 2012, young-adult, arc, received-won
Read from May 06 to 08, 2012

Read more of my reviews at Dazzling Reads

An Attractive Story with a Great Sci-fi Touch

When I read Cat Patrick's first novel Forgotten, I was very impressed of the bizarre, yet highly captivating concept of a girl forgetting her past but always remembering her future. This time, Patrick's second novel, Revived, once again surprised me with an attractive new concept that grabbed immediately my attention from the moment I turned to the first page.

Daisy is not the typical teenage girl. She has died five times, and every time, she has been brought back to life by a program called Revive. After her fifth death, Daisy and her "parents" (they are actually people from the Revive program) move to Omaha to start a new life (after Daisy's last death). Here, Daisy makes a new friend (Audrey), and then falls in love with her new friend's gorgeous brother (Matt) with whom she share the truth about her past and, also, about the Revive program.

I enjoyed Revived and I loved the sci-fi touch Cat Patrick incorporated into the story. It somehow makes the story more believable. The fact that Patrick discards every paranormal element and provides scientific explanation really made me want to jump into the pages to learn more about the Revive program. Yes, I wish I would have learned more about this topic, about its organization and their objectives, the bad guys, the other revived people, etc. In other words, I would have love to have more background history about the Revive concept in the story-line. But maybe we will have that on a sequel? hopefully! I also liked the characters but I didn't fell in love with any of them. Daisy, Audrey and Matt were definitely a lovely trio but I wish I could have felt more for them. I think that if Cat Patrick writes a sequel for Revive (which definitely has the potential for) I will probably get to know more about these characters and therefore, sympathize with them and get to love them more.

Revived is a good switch to a genre that it is not very common among YA books and, as well as Patrick's first novel Forgotten, Revived will surprise you with a nice touch of Sci-fi, romance, friendship, life and death.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revived.

05/08/2012 page 173
05/08/2012 page 173
51.0% "How many times are you going to say something that you shouldnt?"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you love this, Natalia! I <3 Cat Patrick! Wish this could span into a series!

Natalia Ceitidh Thakn you sweetheart! Im so happy I finally made it to it! <3 <3 ^__^

message 3: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate and I hope this will be better then Forgotten. I started reading forgotten a few months ago a wasn't able to finish it. I didn't like it. :D

message 4: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate *ago and I

Natalia Ceitidh Well, I prefer Forgotten than this one. Actually, I DO like forgotten. This one was only enjoyable but I didnt get to love the characters. this one more like a 2.5 stars for me.