Brittany's Reviews > Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy

Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach

Jan 27, 12

Read from November 26, 2011 to January 27, 2012

This is one of my mom's favorite books. In fact, she loves the book so much, that she went to a workshop from Sarah Breathnach in California one year.

I tried to read this book when I was a teenager but couldn't relate to it at the time so I dropped it. I think this book is more directed to women about ages 20+ years.

Reading this book was quite entertaining for me since it brought so many memories of growing up with a mom who followed a lot of the suggestions from this book. I often read passages in the book where I thought, "Oh that's where my mom got that idea. My mom totally does this and does that, etc."

In fact, my mom STILL does a lot of the suggestions in the book. This book is like my mom's second bible - she is one of the best examples to me of someone who really lives the simple abundance lifestyle. As I read this book, I felt like I basically grew up with simple abundance - so a lot of the ideas and principles in the book were not new to me.

I would give this book 5 stars for the overall message of simple abundance since it's basically the motto of my life. But I felt like some entries were better than others. Some entries were really quirky and I couldn't quite relate to them. The book was published in 1995 - so some of the references are a bit dated (i.e. I wasn't familiar with some of the people, books, movies, etc. mentioned).

Other than that, I really liked the book and I would consider reading it again down the road (or at least re-reading the passages that I liked and that I highlighted). The overall message of simple abundance is timeless.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simple Abundance.