Marleen's Reviews > A Faint Cold Fear

Nov 04, 11

did not like it
bookshelves: karin-slaughter
Read from October 23 to November 03, 2011

The characters in Karin Slaughter's Grant County books are absolutely and genuinely fascinating. That's one of the reasons I promised myself to read these books in order, so that I can better understand where they're coming from. There's so much happening in the lives of Lena, Sara and Jeffrey and these three truly carry these stories. Unfortunately here the plot-line of "A Faint Cold Fear" wasn't that particularly interesting (rather uninspired & weak - in my opinion). Indeed, the genial writing of Karin Slaughter is pretty much lacking in this one. There's no great build-up, hardly no suspense.
We find out that Lena has left the police and is working the Grant Tech campus security. Also the character of Ethan White is introduced, with whom Lena gets entangled. Ethan is bad news and I'm afraid he will cause more trouble for Lena in the coming books.
What actually bothers me so far is that nowhere in these books there's an explanation for why Jeffrey (who is a flawed but a very likeable and a capable Police Chief)- why he cheated on Sara all those years ago when they were married?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Faint Cold Fear.