Alesha's Reviews > The Host

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

May 18, 2008

bookshelves: favorites
Read in May, 2008

I read this book in about a day...maybe a little less. That's a pretty good indicator of how much I loved this book. It's not a small one...over 600 pages! I started it last night after I finished the other book I was reading. I really, really enjoyed it. I really truly hope that there is a sequel to this book. Stephenie Meyer is really an amazing storyteller. It was nice to see her get into more of an "adult" frame of mind with this book versus the Twilight series. I was sad to say goodbye to the characters when I finished the book. It was that good. I can always tell when I like a book because I read it really fast and I also am sad to see it end. Stephenie was on Good Things Utah on Friday. She mentioned that she isn't sure if there will be a sequel to this book, but if there is, she plans on it being a trilogy. She had already planned for the story to go on.

I loved that it was so easy to lose yourself in this world where people aren't who they seem to be, humans are more alien than they realize, and aliens can be more human than, well...humans. I love it when I can get lost in a book and really care about the characters and what happens to them. This was a wonderful science fiction book that stretches the imagination, but still keeps you grounded in reality. This world of aliens, hosts, and rebels could really exist. These characters have real personalities, feelings, strengths, and weaknesses. I loved everything about this book!

If you want to lose yourself for a little while, read this book. It's incredible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Host.