Lori Wolf's Reviews > The Chick Friends Rules! Freshman Year

F_50x66
Nov 23, 11

bookshelves: good-reads
Read from November 20 to 23, 2011

Let me start by saying I did enjoy this book and look forward to finding out what happens to Grant, Marta, Lear, their families, and yes even Remi. It was a lot more serious than I really expected - even knowing there were going to be some serious topics. Some of the subject matter made me a little uncomfortable, but I say that as the mother of 15 year old boy/girl twins. It gave me an understanding inside the life/mind of today's Freshmen, which is very different than when I was a Freshman. I pray that my son never treats a female like Remi, or even Grant, although it was not his behavior alone that got him into trouble. I pray my daughter is never treated like Jenna, or ever acts like Shauna or is a victim like Marta. I pray they never do drugs like Lear. I realize all of this happens in the world. I disagree with the familiar theme of boys & girls can't be just friends. I hope they continue to have friends of the opposite sex, much like I have throughout my life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chick Friends Rules! Freshman Year.