Dhezza Silverio's Reviews > The Underworld

The Underworld by Jessica Sorensen

Oct 19, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, read-in-2011, read-wishlist, unforgettable
Read from October 20 to 23, 2011

Alex didn't betrayed Gemma. Alex didn't let Stephan detach her soul by memoria extraho and also her locket did protect her. And for some reason, Stephan and the Death Walkers just walked away. That's what happen after the major cliffhanger in the end of The fallen Star.

Jocelyn, Gemma's mother is still alive in the Underworld. The longest person to survived and she's the best slave of the Queen. In order to save her they need to go and get Jocelyn in the Underworld. They think that Jocelyn knew something about Stephan's plan. According to Alex they need an Ira, it's a crystal that can be find at the City of Crystal. It's the only crystal that use to transport there and they need a powerful Forseer. Gemma is a powerful forseer. It's very rare to Forseers to transport and see a vision without the use of crystal. Gemma can but she needs to train and that is Nicholas involved, a Forseer and Half-Fey. It turned out that he tricked them. He's working with Stephan. So Alex and Gemma went to the Underworld and almost never came back.

It was unstoppable. This book was just amazing. The Underworld is fast paced, action packed, romantic, humorous and very vivid. The revelations was too shocking. It took my breath away. I like how the story flows and the characters. This book starts in where the first book ends. It's pretty rare. The only lacking is that a little bit more about Aislin. In this book, I learned a lot from Gemma, Alex especially Laylen.

I think Laylen's falling in love with Gemma not just because of the connection between them. The connection was made when Nicholas almost killed Laylen. The only way to save him is to drink a blood of another vampire or a human. He bit Gemma because the latter told him to. It freaked Alex. But I really want Gemma for Alex and Laylen for Aislin. Anyway, they had history. Lol. Also, Gemma has this powerful and deeper connection to Alex. It started when they were kids and made a blood promise. After Alex cut each other hands, they say Forem. Forem is a latin word means forever that's why they bound to each other forever. How sweet is that? And besides Alex also has this star power inside him like Gemma. They feel the electricity when they're near with each other. Thanks to Jocelyn. They now know the truth about Stephan's plan.

Stephan is a descendant of Malefiscus. Malefiscus is evil that made Stephan evil. Gemma, Alex, Laylen and Aislin plays a big part in opening a portal -- to released Malefiscus. In the end, Stephan alter his plans. I really hope, Alex can find Gemma, save the world and sort their relationship.

I want to buy the third book. I hope Fullybooked will have it or I'll try to order it to them if they don't have it just like I ordered Stay by Deb Caletti. There are too many to tell with this book but you must read it for yourself. Can't wait to read the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Underworld.

Quotes Dhezza Liked

Jessica Sorensen
“You remember the word we said when we pressed our hands together, right?"

I nodded. Forem. But what does it mean?"

"Forever,” he said his breath shaky. "It means we're bonded together forever.”
Jessica Sorensen, The Underworld

10/21/2011
10/22/2011
70.0% "This book's driving me crazy. Unstoppable."