Andie Z's Reviews > Altered

4820527
Aug 02, 2012

bookshelves: 2013-release, arc, arc-tour, read-2012, reviewed
Read from July 25 to August 02, 2012 , read count: 1

Review will be posted on my blog closer to release date.

Altered is a wonderfully fun and unique adventure that barely slows down from start to finish. It took a little while for me to really get into it, partly because it is so different, but once things got going I couldn’t help but get invested in Anna and her relationship with the four boys. It was a really fun dynamic to have one girl with four guys, and I really loved that Anna could hold her own with them. No damsels in distress to be found here!

There were several things that I predicted right from the beginning, which caused a lot of frustrated yelling at the characters for not realizing things sooner, but I actually enjoy getting that emotional about a book. And there were a few twists that I absolutely didn’t see coming, which was fantastic.

Altered doesn’t end on a cliffhanger, but things are left open enough for the possibility of a sequel, and I would love to find out more about the Branch and their experiments. If you’re looking for a fresh sci-fi story that will pull you, and especially if you’re a fan of the TV show Nikita, I would definitely recommend Altered.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Altered.