Kylie Walter's Reviews > Rose Blanche

Rose Blanche by Roberto Innocenti

Oct 19, 11

bookshelves: rdg-334

I think that Rose Blanche is a good book. But also that is extremely sad as is most books that cover this time period. I think that it is a great historical fiction picture book and that it is very similar to The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas. I think that this is another book that proves that hatred is something that is taught and not something that a person is born with. People are not born to hate or to be racist that are taught that from older people in their society. I think that this book shows how kind and selfless children are how the world could be. Although I did enjoy this book I do think that it could be a bit confusing for younger readers. The narrator of the book changes quickly and there isn't any warning. I got a bit lost and I am a college student. I also think that there would need to be a lot of background information that is taught to the young readers before they would be able to fully understand this book. But other than that I really enjoyed this book and I would use it in my classes.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rose Blanche.