Riley Barker's Reviews > Justin Bieber First Step 2 Forever: My Story

Justin Bieber First Step 2 Forever by Justin Bieber

Oct 18, 11

Read in October, 2011

Going into reading this book, I didn't know how much I would enjoy it. I was surprised that this was actually a great book. Even though, I haven't read many biographies, this is probably the best one I've read.

The first thing I want to share is my favorite part. It had to have been when Justin was performing for "Stratford Star". This is basically a singing competition like American Idol that took place in his hometown. I felt nervous for him because he was my age and it was his first time performing publicly. He didn't end up winning, but I still loved it because I could relate to him reflecting on the first time I performed publicly.

A theme that is represented throughout the story is, even though it sounds cheesy, never say never. You find out when you read this book that Justin didn't get this amazing opprotunity handed to him. He had to work hard to get where he is today. Sure, sometimes he would fall down, but what's important is that he got back up. What he's trying to tell people is that he was just a normal kid. If he can do what he did, so can the readers.

The last great quality to this book I noticed was the voice. Justin is literally just telling his story. The conversational tone makes the book interactive and being able to become a part of the story is a great quality to have in a book. I enjoyed the book a lot more because I felt like one of his friends when I was reading it.

Overall, I loved this book. As a musician, I especially enjoyed it because it was almost a "How to get Famous for Dummies". I would recommend this book to musicians and anyone who is in the mood to hear an uplifting success story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Justin Bieber First Step 2 Forever.

dateDown_arrow    newest »