Roxy's Reviews > Lifting the Wheel of Karma

Lifting the Wheel of Karma by Paul H. Magid

Nov 19, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from November 14 to 19, 2011

I received a copy of this book through a goodreads first reads giveaway and wasn't sure what to expect. I must say, i was pleasantly surprised. I read this book in one sitting and it is quite a moving tale.
The descriptive text is so rich that you can visualise the surroundings and almost feel the emotions of the characters - almost as if the story was about friends. I could relate to the story as my mother was in a serious head-on crash and spent 3 years leanring to walk again.
I like the dreams/visions aspect -it feels as though it is his past-lifes guilty conscience that is haunting his visions. Lahiri is a great character and the scenes in India are engrossing.
The only part i wasn't too in love with was when he returned to India the second time (after discovering that family is all important) and then not returning home to family for 40 years. If family was so important how could you be away from your only family for that long and miss your nephews entire childhood - i understand that he was on a spiritual quest but that part was a little difficult for me.
It was a captivating read and felt very personal. A great book.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lifting the Wheel of Karma.