Sangcheol's Reviews > Wholeness and the Implicate Order

Wholeness and the Implicate Order by David Bohm

Oct 18, 11

bookshelves: currently-reading

Undivided wholeness and flowing movement, Bohm's core concept that encompasses the whole content of this amazing work. Bohm starts from examining the historial development of "fragmentation" which emphasized a certain aspect of measurement of reality, and equated our representation as perfect correspondence with what we treat as independent of reality.

However, what Bohm suggested as a remedy to fragmentation seems quite unclear. He mentioned that "integration" is impossible due to the finity of our mind, but he said we should examining as many aspects of reality as possible to see something as a whole. What's the difference? What I understood as integration definitely starts from bootstrapping a simple idea to build up a great idea, incorporating various aspects to resolve the discrepancies and contradictions among partial observations. In other words, we need "fragmentation" to perceive the whole.

What I mentioned is only a little portion of Bohm's idea. He also suggested "rheomode" of language to save ourselves from static perspective of this universe and I concur to the point. This book is so rich of his ideas to remedy the "finiteness" and "fragmentedness" of human mind, which might be our inevitable nature we have to accept as our subject-reality as well.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wholeness and the Implicate Order.

10/18/2011 page 80