Keri's Reviews > Echoes at Dawn

Echoes at Dawn by Maya Banks

Oct 18, 2011

bookshelves: romance-contemporary, romance-military-special-ops, romance-paranormal, unicorn-virgin-w-m-contemporary, 2010s-read
Read in July, 2012

This one was really good. I loved Rio! Rio and Grace may a great couple and to me one of the best books in the series so far. Grace had been on the run for over a year, separated from her sister and trying to stay out of the clutches of someone after her. She has the ability to heal people and there are governments out there that would do anything to posses her talents...even her own. Rio is the man that has volunteered to bring her home to her sister Shea. But before Rio could get to her, she had been captured. By the time he did manage to get to her, she had managed to escape her captors, but was still very weak from healing sick person after sick person. She was put through some pretty horrific situations.

I liked Grace and thought she was a good fit for Rio. Rio is MB's typical he-man alpha with a tortured past, but a really awesome cook. What is not to love? I enjoyed the book and don't mind the paranormal element. What did bother me was I think Resnick got the shaft and I don't see how what went down can stay down, especially with Shea knowing the truth. I don't know why he was kept out of the picture there at the end, but do hope someday he gets his own story, because to me his is a very lonely man. I am not sure what the point was of keeping him away from Shea and Grace. I do hope that Swanni and Steele get their stories soon. Also I hope we hear from bad-ass bad boy Hancock again...that is going to have to be one special woman to take him down and find his heart. Overall a strong story and it brought me back to the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Echoes at Dawn.

02/22/2016 marked as: read