Preston Hunter's Reviews > Among the Free

M 50x66
Oct 18, 2011

liked it
Read in October, 2011

Among the Free is about a boy named Luke that is an illegal third child. He lives when people called the population police are around and say families can only have two kids. Some families have three children, but they have to hid the third child from the police or else they will die. Luke wants to overthrow the population police so him and some friends go and work for the police to try and take it down from the inside. While Luke was working he was ordered to shoot a lady in the town Chiutza because she didn't follow orders. He doesn't want to do it and he runs away. When he goes to a different village, they say that the population police has been overpowered and taken down. Luke is still suspicious even after he visits the headquarters. Were they really overpowered or is it a fake?

I couldn't actually relate to a lot of characters in this story, but I could try to be like them. Luke never gives up in this story and he does what is right. I could be more like him and do my best do stand up for what I think is right. Luke is very brave in this story.
I liked this book and enjoyed reading it. You have to read the others in the series too. Among the free is the seventh and last book in the series. My favorite part of the book is when the villages start to rebel against the population police. My least favorite part of the book is when the population police kill other people. If I could change something in this book I would change the ending.
I would recommend this book to another person to read. Among the Free is a quick and good read. I would mainly recommend this book to teenagers. I would recommend it to boys and girls. I enjoyed reading Among the Free.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Free.

message 1: by Micall (new)

Micall Johnson These books are so good! Among the Free was my favorite. I think it was a weird law when I heard third children aren't allowed, but so many people have them. I guess it's a good thing people love their children to protect them like that. Did you read all of these books?

message 2: by Hawkley (new)

Hawkley Davis This book sounds like a very interesting live action book and i like those kind of books. maybe I sould read it sometime.