Julie's Reviews > New Moon

Sep 08, 08

bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal, romance, 2008
Recommended for: everyone!
Read in May, 2008, read count: 2

Once again, I could have read this in one sitting. It took me two evenings (stupid work, getting in the way ....sleep I can do without).

Some of the events of this book had been heavily foreshadowed, but I didn't expect everything. The main themes running through the book were quite painful to read about, but I take that as a good sign because it means that I care about the characters enough for it to be painful; they are well-developed and the writing flowed just as well as in the first book. There are parts which are rather repetitive. Even during the denouement after the really exciting climax, there was a point where I was thinking, ok, we know you're feeling that way, you're being an idiot, now move on. (It doesn't bother me that the person was being an idiot. They'd been through a lot.)

I appreciated the fact that this book drew me in equally well as the first; each one of them focuses on a specific aspect or arc of Edward and Bella's relationship, and I was pleased to find that they were equally riveting.

Also, there are a few short snippets on Stephenie Meyer's website which flesh out the story even more. They are sections of the book rewritten from the perspective of characters other than Bella, and give more insight into what was going on at those times. Well, well worth a read.

These books really are like drugs. I was up til about 1:30 finishing it, and 3-something reading the stuff on the website.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Booklover456 I love New moon!