Carien's Reviews > Eve

Eve by Anna Carey

Nov 26, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: dystopian, ya

** spoiler alert ** Sometimes I wonder if authors of Dystopian novels really think through their world building.

Seriously: with most Dystopian YA stories where teens are kept in the dark about their future I can think of at least three ways those teens could have been treated that would have easily avoided problems.

But let's be honest, if my methods were used the story wouldn't have been there, so in conclusion: I think the authors don't think their world building through, because if they did, they wouldn't be able to tell the particular story they want to tell.

Ok, now I've got that off my chest:

Eve is an enjoyable story.
I could really understand Eve's feelings and the way she acts throughout the story. Her actions may not always be smart and she may be annoying at times, but the way she is raised makes all of her actions believable.

The story itself is fun if you take the world building for granted and don't examine some things too closely. There were times that I really had trouble with this I'll confess. There's one scene where Eve and two other girls are captured and the bad guy agrees to let all three of them out of their cage at the same time because they say they have to pee. Seriously?! Big surprise: they escape!

All in all this is a nice read and I must say I enjoyed it enough to be curious about the next book, so I most probably will continue to read this trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eve.