Alex Middleton's Reviews > Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name by André Aciman

May 24, 08

I cannot reccommend this book enough! full of raw emotion and more than once hit the spot where i felt like ive gone through many of the emotion described in this book!
Aciman's first novel poignantly probes a boy's erotic coming-of-age at his family's Italian Mediterranean home. Elio—17, extremely well-read, sensitive and the son of a prominent expatriate professor—finds himself troublingly attracted to this year's visiting resident scholar, recruited by his father from an American university. Oliver is 24, breezy and spontaneous, and at work on a book about Heraclitus. The young men loll about in bathing suits, play tennis, jog along the Italian Riviera and flirt. Both also flirt (and more) with women among their circle of friends, but Elio, who narrates, yearns for Oliver.
so well written, very descripted one of the best gay literature books ive read in a long long time, will most def give it a second reading
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Call Me by Your Name.

message 1: by Ted (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ted Let me echo everything Alex has said. Ans this is the pace at which many real-life romances progress. It's not just a slam-bam-thank-you-mam. The ending made me cry.