R. Scott's Reviews > Just Don't Mess With Us: Family Matters

Jan 01, 12

bookshelves: glbt
Read on December 19, 2011

Just Don't Mess With Us: Family Matters

I took a break from Andrew Ashling's series "The Invisible Chains" to read "Just Don't Mess With Us: Family Matters". Clearly Andrew had also taken a break from writing about Squires, Warlords and, well, maybe not family issues. In this story, I again love the voice he uses in writing and am impressed that, in a relatively simple tale, he can make he laugh, blush, take offense, and rethink my values. His stories don't necessarily change my values, but they do make my stretch some of the boxes in which they are housed.

Most people who admit to any kind of imagination have at least thought about living in a three way sort of relationship. You may have thought that it would be ecstasy or maybe pure hell. I'll admit to thinking about it in both ways at different times. Andrew of course takes this idea, as well as a number of others, a step or two farther than at least I have contemplated.

The stories here were quick reads, hilariously funny, over the top, full of taboos, sexy, and really well thought out. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and flew through it. Read it if you like men, sex, and some fun kink. On the other hand, Andrew might not be the best author to read if you are easily offended or are not interested in being made to think about "family values", unless you like to take offense, which some people do...

Thank you for another wonderful read Andrew Ashling!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Don't Mess With Us.