Bob's Reviews > The Invisible Chains - Part 3: Bonds of Blood

The Invisible Chains - Part 3 by Andrew Ashling

Mar 21, 12

bookshelves: sci-fi-fantasy, glbt, yaoi
Read from February 01 to 19, 2012

Andrew Ashling's story telling gets deeper, more intricately planned and funnier. Be warned, my review may contain small spoilers. In the third book in the Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse series, "Bonds of Blood", he brings in the Mukthars and their prince, Timishi. The Mukthars are the sworn enemies for which the the War Lord, Anaxantis, has been preparing. They are fierce, have bad manners and, of course, are sexy as hell.

At this juncture, Andrew has made me feel like an intimate friend of the pages as well. Their story, while very light on actual combat, is clearly a major tactical play. I love to hear poor Obyann complain about his charges nakedness and their apparent love of each other's bodies. Andrew has funny and horny all mixed up with these guys and its a great combination.

Finally, I must say that, typically, descriptions of battles either bore me or completely mix me up. Andrew's descriptions, including battle plans and maps, made the battle scenes come alive for me and I was totally able to follow the action. There was never a point where I thought --and a miracle happens here-- in order to end the scene.

I understand Andrew has another series, or continuation of this series, almost ready for his loyal followers. Whatever it is, you can bet it will quickly find its way onto my e-reader and into my heart. Thank you Andrew, for the wonderful read and marvelous entertainment you've given me through your words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Chains - Part 3.

Quotes Bob Liked

Andrew Ashling
“Hey," Anaxantis protested. "Oh," he added, when the Muktar prince took his member in his mouth. "Oh... that's what you meant by servicing." He laughed softly.

"Aw, aw, teeth, teeth, no teeth," he hissed suddenly.

"Sowwy," Timishi, mumbled with his mouth full. "Towd you it wouldn't je jood.”
Andrew Ashling, The Invisible Chains - Part 3: Bonds of Blood

02/01/2012
02/05/2012
28.0% "Andrew Ashling has really created a deep list of characters that I laugh with, fear for and make plans around with this third installment of the Bonds series. I'm so glad he's got the next book in the oven!"
02/10/2012
55.0% "It's war, and thank goodness for the timing. Everyone's junk is safe for now."
show 3 hidden updates…