Bob's Reviews > The Invisible Chains - Part 2: Bonds of Fear

The Invisible Chains - Part 2 by Andrew Ashling

Feb 25, 12

bookshelves: glbt, sci-fi-fantasy, yaoi
Read from October 30 to December 18, 2011

The momentum continues to build with Mr. Ashling's second book in "The Invisible Chains" series. Anaxantis and his friends seem to hit their stride, but there are many elements working either directly against them or, oddly, in some sort of ill conceived conjunction. One of the true advantages about a series is that I, as the reader, get to learn and understand so much more about the characters because of their extended development. In this complex story of Royalty, family, impending war, and friendship, there are ample opportunities. Strongly in the readers favor, in my opinion, is that Andrew is very good at character development and proves in this story that he can envision a wide array of personalities. My personal favorites are the noble Pages at this point in the story because they are all so full of youth, vibrancy, energy, lust, and love. Anaxantis' relationship with his older brother continues to provide me with the most angst and I fear for the destinies of both of them. All said, I can't wait to begin book three in this series!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Chains - Part 2.