Christine's Reviews > The Last Victim: A True-Life Journey into the Mind of the Serial Killer

The Last Victim by Jason M. Moss

620233
Jul 10, 08

bookshelves: book-group
Read in June, 2008

** spoiler alert ** So far this book is pretty disturbing. Basically, this 18 year old boy had an intimate correspondence relationship with John Wayne Gacy, and then they started talking on the phone, and I think that they eventually meet. I don't particularly like it, but it's for a book group, so I am going to get through it.

Well, I finished this book, but only out of morbid curiosity. This stupid kid does go visit Gacy, and it's one of the more disturbing set of chapters in the book. He's completely tricked into thinking that he will be safe around this convicted serial killer, one who went after young men just like him. He was smart enough to get himself out of it, but I would never put myself in that position.

At the book group discussion for this book, someone mentioned that the author of the book, Jason Moss, killed himself on 06-06-06. It was interesting, and sad, but somehow fitting. I didn't think after reading that book that he would make it to old age.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Victim.