Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > The Treachery of Beautiful Things

The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long

Jul 16, 2012

liked it
Read in July, 2012

This book is not what I thought. Though, I am surprised on how well it captured me.

First off, this is different take on fae stories. The fact that it is a stand-alone book made it even better. Not that I don't enjoy series but just that the author is able to condensed everything into one solid book is amazing. I like that this book starts off intense bringing the reader immediately to a whole other world.

I love that the main character Jenny grows right before my eyes. I like that she started off timid and scared. Scared to face what she had been running from for so long then to fall into a fight gracefully. Each step she takes to find her brother brings her more strength. She ask's questions, demands answers and completely becomes someone new by the end of the book.

The love interest is quite different than what I thought it be. Still, it brought joy to my heart that Jenny fought for her love. She didn't turn against him, instead her love grew for him no matter what the circumstance. Their love is sacrifice that cost them both dearly yet brings them together stronger and better than ever.

The Treachery of Beautiful Things is an delightful read. The suspense to the climatic battle at the end is amazing. If you enjoy the familiar stories of fae, you 'll love this book. Another fantastic story, The Treachery of Beautiful Things is great!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Treachery of Beautiful Things.