Tânia's Reviews > Who's Afraid of Mr Wolfe?

Who's Afraid of Mr Wolfe? by Hazel Osmond

Oct 29, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, won
Read from October 22 to 26, 2011

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

“Who’s Afraid of Mr. Wolfe?” is a great chick-lit read about Ellie, an advertising copywriter, and the tall, dark, and mysterious new boss Jack Wolfe. If inside work their relationship is like an explosive, on the outside it definitely explodes! At first they had a typical love-hate relationship, but as the storyline progressed, taking a serious tone, and I became more and more engrossed with the characters, I realized it wasn’t anything like that at all, or at least not entirely, since there were a lot of different reasons for both Ellie and Jack’s behavior. Once again, the author caught me by surprise by opening Jack’s closed book, revealing his secret. I began picturing him as an incorrigible Casanova – Heathcliff in a suit! - and by the end understanding towards his fears. Guess Mr. Wolfe was, after all, afraid!

The characters are real, each one with its unique trace of different personalities that sometimes crash with one another, such as Ellie and Jack. The chemistry and sexual tension between them is maddening!

Lesley, Ellie’s close friend had a very realistic and interesting story of her own to tell, and the eccentric great-aunt Edith was just marvelous! I wouldn’t mind playing “dirty” scrabble with her, it was loads of fun!

To be honest, I’m surprised it’s Hazel Osmond’s debut novel, because it’s such a great book! It has everything I could hope for in the chick-lit genre. It’s funny, witty, romantic, and it can also be serious and dramatic when it needs to be, making me eager for a happy ending!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who's Afraid of Mr Wolfe?.

10/22/2011 page 103