Tina "coffee and books"'s Reviews > Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold

Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'Connell

May 23, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance, kindle-lendable
Read from October 17 to 18, 2011

I don't even know where to start with this book. I loved it! I read a lot of romance and generally frivolous, easy reads. That's how I unwind at the end of a day working in the cancer industry.

This book offered the romance that I love, but added so much more. It showed the bigotry that people face, not only in the public's eye, but from the very people that should love them the most.

Cord was the son of a white man and Cheyenne woman. Even though that marriage was a love match and Cord was a product of that love he suffered judgement and general fear from his half siblings and the general population. Granted he didn't try to sway these opinions, but who wants to have to constantly try to convince a person they are good despite the color of their skin?

Anne was a girl from a wealthy and stifling family. Her father was controlling and fanatical when it came to his daughter's spinster status. Here she is 30 years old, having wasted a perfectly good engagement and her father is having none of it. He has promised her to a man who is not only much older, but a retched human being.

In Anne's attempt to escape her fate she ends up involving Cord. Their story of how they deal with bigotry, helping each other out in a time of extreme need and learning to trust, love and forgive is a beautiful, sweet, heartwrenching story. You won't be sorry you picked up this book!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold.

10/18/2011