Jessica's Reviews > Crave

Crave by Melissa Darnell

Apr 06, 12

Recommended for: everyone
Read from April 05 to 06, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

There were two things running through my mind when I made the decision to buy this book.

1. I can't believe I'm buying books in the section labeled 'Teen Paranormal Romance', because in general the genre bugs me, but I usually allow myself to get away with it if it's not labeled as so.

and

2. I can't believe I'm buying this. Why are vampire romances so freaking attractive to me in a literary sense.

I probably wasn't thinking those exact words, but sentiment is pretty much there. I'm a sucker, sadly, for books that involve vampires and romance, and despite every intelligent cell in my body screaming at me to walk away, I find it a task that is nearly impossible to do.

Crave, though, may be one of the best impulse buys I've in years.

Centered around Savannah Colbert and high school golden boy, Tristan Coleman, it weaves a tale of star crossed lovers, set in a modern day era where vampires and witches not only exist, but find a heart at the center of the story. Not in a good way, mind you. Tristan, the son of the Clann leader, finds the rules of his family constricting. More than anything, he wants to play football, and maybe, one day, get a shot at the NFL.

Savannah, pariahed socially by the Clann when she was in the fourth grade, finds that things are changing after coming back to school after a week long sick leave. All of a sudden, boys are mesmerized by her, seemingly bewitched by her gaze, and Tristan finds himself pulled to her. Forbidden from speaking to her, he finds himself more than willing to do anything to be around her.

The book is a complete balance of forbidden romance, witchiness and vampires, neither of the three over powering the other.

To be honest, I was alarmed to find myself waking up and seeking out this book instead of checking my phone for texts or logging onto my computer to check my mail. This book had this pull on me that kind of took me off guard. Once I started, I only stopped to sleep and go to work, reading every chance I got.

I can tell you one thing. This is the last time I giggle about a book being published by Harlequin Teen.

If you like paranormal romance, vampires, witches, and forbidden love, than this is definitely the book for you. I can honestly say that I definitely did not regret buying it and am excited to read the sequel when it comes out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crave.

04/06/2012 page 184