Erin (Jump Into Books)'s Reviews > Passion

Passion by Lauren Kate

Oct 27, 11

Recommended for: young adults
Read from October 17 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

First of all, when I started to read this book, I jumped right back into the story like no time had passed between novels at all, which I like, it makes it easier to follow along.

The characters are still quite likable but the story sort of faltered for me. I'm glad that the reader could see into their past lives (mainly Luce's) and what got them to where Daniel and Luce are today, but the "time jumping" was not fun to follow. Luce was far more stubborn in her quest for the truth and didn't care if she altered time to achieve what she set out to do. It made me want to reach into the book and strangle her or slap the crap out of her.

As for Daniel, he was valiant as always, but always a day late, a dollar short. I kept hoping he would have gotten to her over and over again just to get the time jumping over with.

What I really wanted to know is what happened with the other travelers. We saw briefly what happened to Shelby and Miles and a few seconds of Cam, but what happened when they traveled through time?

Overall, it was, as always, a great novel by an amazing writer. I will be buying her fourth installment in the Fallen series to see where everything ends up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passion.

Quotes Erin (Jump Into Books) Liked

Lauren Kate
“I'll always choose you." Yes that was the word. "Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have always chosen me. Forever.”
Lauren Kate, Passion

Lauren Kate
“I’ll love you with all my heart, in every life, through every death. I
will not be bound by anything but my love for you.”
Lauren Kate, Passion