Kathy's Reviews > Idiot: Beating "The Curse" and Enjoying the Game of Life

Idiot by Johnny Damon

Oct 17, 2011

liked it
Read from October 17 to 29, 2011

Yes, Johnny is an idiot and in love with himself (and his hair), but he's mostly harmless. It was a timely read for me. First of all, I loved reliving the 2004 season and getting the low-down on the mood inside the clubhouse. I loved hearing about how loose the players were and how that contributed to their success. I was also interested in what Johnny had to say about the media. Also timely comments given the last three weeks of Sox bashing we've had to endure. Ironic, though, that the only media member he spoke positively about was Bob Hoehler, the author of the now infamous "Beer and chicken" and "Tito's pills and personal life" article in the Globe. I wonder what Johnny would say about him now. Who knows exactly what is true and what isn't. I'm not sure I care anymore. All I hope for is another team, one day, with this much heart who play as a team, not for themselves. It's fun to watch all the pieces fall into place for good guys (and a good place).

I'm glad Johnny reminded me it happened. Even as an idiot, he made me feel better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Idiot.