Meadow's Reviews > Jesus for President: Politics for Ordinary Radicals

Jesus for President by Shane Claiborne

Oct 17, 11

Read in June, 2011

This book totally blew my mind! First of all, it was a really unique style - kind of pictorial narrative discourse, or something :) (In other words, it had lots of pictures and stories and historical information.) The more I read the more I worried I got, because it was clearly the kind of book you can't read without changing to become more radical!

But I kept reading, because becoming more radical for the cause of Jesus is worth it. In the end, I have to say, this book was life-changing. I don't agree with everything Shane Claiborne said or did, but his thirst to see the kingdom of God advanced, and freed from anything that is merely added by our culture is inspiring and awesome.

If you want to have your political views as a modern American (or Western) Christian strongly challenged, and/or you want to learn more about the political world that Jesus lived and walked in during Roman times, this is the book for you!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jesus for President.