Shiran's Reviews > The Warrior

The Warrior by Kinley MacGregor

4197575
Oct 19, 11

bookshelves: favorites, kinley-macgregor, historical-romance, highland-hunks, horrible-covers-hiding-great-books
Read from October 17 to 18, 2011

The Warrior is the last installment in the Brotherhood/MacAllister series and I must say she made sure this series went out with a bang.

Lochlan MacAllister is the Laird of his clan and with all his brothers married with children he realises he is the only one who can find his brother Kieren who was presumed dead for years. Lochlan sets out on his quest and finds himself in France where he runs into his sister-in-laws cousin Catarina. Cat is a free spirit who wants to live her life on her terms and be free, the only problem is her father is the King of France and he has planned to marry her off to a stuffy prince who will no doubt stifle her spirit. Cat has escaped her fathers men when she quite literally runs into Lochlan. Cat thinks Lochlan is insufferable and Lochlan thinks Cat is pig headed, but once they are thrown together they realise that there are no two people more suited to one another.

This book was a fantastic romance, I loved the dynamic between Cat and Lochlan. They fought and had many a verbal confrontation that had me laughing out loud. Lochlan is strong and sexy but he is also just a boy inside who is dying for someone to love him and look after him for once. Cat has lived the life of a gypsy, constantly moving to keep out of her fathers reach, which has made her very independent. I liked her spunk and her quick tongue. Every man wants to kill her after just one conversation, I loved that she made them realise women aren't all docile morons.

As always KM added lovable side characters that you fell in love with, and the appearance of Stryder and Simon was fantastic. The ever nagging questions of who the Scot is, is finally answered in this book and the ending made me scream from excitement. I am truly sad that this series is over but luckily there are plenty more KM/SK books to keep me happy :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Warrior.