Brendan's Reviews > Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me

Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea Handler

Nov 05, 11

bookshelves: 2011, audio, humor, non-fiction, memoir-autobio
Read from October 17 to November 05, 2011

I've enjoyed Chelsea Handler's previous books because they're usually the cynical observations of the world as told by a drunken lout who knows that she's a drunken lout. She doesn't think much of other people, but doesn't think much of herself either.

In this book, by contrast, Chelsea is depicted by her friends and family as a very generous, loving person who enjoys nothing more than pulling pranks that walk the line between very mean and absolutely vicious. It's interesting that each person goes out of their way to say how great Chelsea is as a friend, and then proceeds to tell a story about how Chelsea played a prank on them, or lied to them, in ways that were emotionally traumatic and/or cruel.

I suppose all these kinds of tales must be taken with a grain of salt, and the humor takes precedence over truth, but overall, I find this book much less satisfying than her other books, because as it went along, I found her less and less likeable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me.