Shirley Frances's Reviews > A Red-Tainted Silence

A Red-Tainted Silence by Carolyn  Gray

Feb 16, 12

bookshelves: mm-read, 2012
Read from February 15 to 16, 2012

This books is amazing! At first, I was hesitant since the blurb didn't tell you what it was really about, but since I had chosen it for a challenge I decided to give it a go. And boy was I glad! It had all the elements I look for in a book. Great characters, both vulnerable and real. With their own insecurities and struggles and supporting characters that added to their stories and made the situation more believable. Of course, their sexual chemistry was hot and their relationship was flawed which endeared them more to me. The drama and the plot were very deep, bringing to the surface a whole lot of emotions and suspense. At times, I was even biting my nails. It kept me guessing all throughout.

The writing was exceptional. It conveyed every emotion, every joy and felt right there. In the hospital, in the street, at the cabin, just there. At first, I was weary of the back and forward of the story, but by half of the first part I understood that it added to the whole understanding of Brandon's frame of mind. The pacing and the way the author brought to an end the first part, just about killed me. (view spoiler) It was brilliant. I was glad I never felt overwhelmed with all the details and that their story was spaced out enough that I could really appreciate what they went through, were going through and how they had changed and improved.

A great story that touched me deeply and kept me there waiting for more.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Red-Tainted Silence.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Vio (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vio Shirley you have made Td very happy!

Deeze Which is more than we did Vio

Glad you enjoyed it Shirley.

Shirley Frances lol! thanks, I'm glad to make Td happy, but I did enjoy it very much!