reie's Reviews > My Darling Caroline

My Darling Caroline by Adele Ashworth

Oct 21, 11

bookshelves: favourites, historical-romance
Read from October 20 to 21, 2011

One of the best books I’ve ever read! Brilliant plot and brilliant writing indeed.

Updated 25/10/2011

This book has made a list to be one of my favourite books! So overall, the story is lovely and darling indeed. Caroline is a kind and gentle woman regardless of her dream to become renowned botanist. I loved her especially when she teaches her deaf daughter to learn sign language, her presence makes Brent and her sister finally fond with each other again after years in resentment, and her love towards Brent and their daughter, she determines to leave her dream rather than leaving her beloved ones. As for Brent, I loved him because he’s mesmerized and intrigued with Caroline’s intelligence. He trusts her with his financial and defends her when her brother-in-laws insult her cleverness.

Best of all is Caroline’s sister. Without her and slight co-operation from their father, Caroline wouldn’t meet and love Brent. It is perfect because everything’s finally made sense at the end of the book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Darling Caroline.

10/21 "On chapter five now. So far everything's lovely, darling indeed."
10/21
17.0% "On chapter five now. So far everything's lovely and sweet"
10/21
79.0% "On chapter 21. Why oh why did he see the letter when everything's about to be back in place? So infuriating! *Banging head on the wall*"
06/11 marked as: favourite
07/07 marked as: read
07/07 marked as: favourite
07/07 marked as: read
08/27 marked as: favourites
08/27 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ I loved My Darling Caroline ;-))

reie I love it too and I hope more for books like this one. Any suggestion? :)

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ Try 'Winter Garden'. One of the BEST books written by her.

❀ Minesha ❀ I really want to read the part where she teaches his deaf sister how to speak and Brent's reaction to it. Can't wait to read the book ! :)

reie ❀ Minesha ❀ wrote: "I really want to read the part where she teaches his deaf sister how to speak and Brent's reaction to it. Can't wait to read the book ! :)"

Yayyy!