07LindsayS's Reviews > The Unusual Suspects

U 50x66
Oct 23, 11

bookshelves: book-reports

Lindsay Stratton Period 6 290 pages 9 points

Have you ever wanted to solve mysteries, meet fairy-tale characters and find clues to a family members disappearance. Then The Sisters Grimm: The Unusual Suspects is for you. And the best part is it's for all ages, old and young. As you read about strong and smart Sabrina and a happy and excited Daphne, and their Grandma, you get wrapped up in the story.
Still filled with anger over her paren'ts disappearance, Sabrina Grimm and her sister Daphne along with their Granny Relda help solve the mystery of why her teacher at her school died. After different events happen, the Grimms find out about a plot that is happening amongst some of the Everafters in Ferryport Landing. Trying to help out, they soon find themselves in some trouble and in danger.
After reading this book, I had a few things that I liked and a few things that I didn't like about it. One thing that I liked was how there was magical creatures. "When his transformation was complete, he was hardly three feet high. His head, back, and arms were covered in kinky brown hair, but his face and pointed ears were pink like a pig's. He had a short, stubby tail, hoofed feet, and a couple of rows of sharp razor teeth." pgs. 263-264. One thing I didn't like about the book was the ending of it. "Suddenly, the monster swung its enormous arm at Sabrina, and then the room went black." pg. 290. The only reason I didn't like it was because it just let you hanging, wanting more. Also after reading this book, I came up with a few themes that you could relate to life, but one was always pay attention and remember to think and help others.
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy, magic, and fairy-tales because those are the key components to the story. I think what makes this book unique from other books out there, is that not every book lets you meet fairy-tale characters and not every book has a mystery within it. So readers, if you like adventure, mystery, and suspense, then The Unusual Suspects is the perfect book for you.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unusual Suspects.