Khalid's Reviews > The Definitive Book of Body Language

The Definitive Book of Body Language by Allan Pease

Jun 22, 2007

bookshelves: already-read
Read in October, 2006

Body Language is an interesting subject. It’s something that most of us pay very little attention to, and if we did, we would have noticed a lot of things about the people around us.

This book talks about body language in great details. It describes, sometimes with the aid of images, different body shapes and gives their significance. It is not, however, a list of shapes. The book aims to build a model in our heads, which we can use to analyze the way the person we’re talking to is seated, the way they’re looking at us, and the way they’re moving their limbs, among other things, to decide how they are feeling, and maybe even predict what they are going to say.

I don’t like books like these sometimes because they sound like a cookbook for life and such a thing definitely does not exist. However, this particular book did not sound like that. It did have some parts that suggest that everything is so easy and that you can crack a human’s mind by doing so and so, but I found this to be rare, and not even very strong; a positive aspect in this book.

I do recommend this book, especially to those who deal with customers (Actually, to everybody who deals with other humans face to face on a continuous basis, so all of you!). If you cannot read the non-verbal language, then you surely have been missing a lot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Definitive Book of Body Language.