Alison's Reviews > The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel

Oct 17, 11

liked it
bookshelves: graphic-novels, romance
Read in October, 2011

The graphic novel came up a little short in my opinion. Although, there were some interesting new details regarding another traveler, Jamie's return to Scotland and some behind the scenes with Murtagh. However, I found the condensed version lacking. One example would be Jamie's explanation for punishing Claire, which had nothing to do with him being whipped by Randall. After that page, Jamie was "now do you see why I had to do it" and I was thinking "No! That doesn't make any sense!" In the book he uses being publicly punished by his dad as an example, where being disciplined for something you know you've done wrong and the person doing it still loves you, is a more relevent explanation for what happened with Claire. I think they needed to add the Randall background info and just shoved it in all willy nilly without regard to the logical flow of the story. I definitely would not recommend this to anyone who has not already read Outlander! Also, why are Claire's tatas hanging out all over the place?! They also could have done a better job of distinguishing between the male characters! Overall, not too bad for condensing one mammoth of a book into one tiny graphic novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Exile.